Shad Rich – Oracle Applications DBA
- Oracle E-Business Suite Versions 11.5.X, 12.0.X, 12.1.X, 12.2.X
- EBS Modules – BEN, FIN, HR, INV, IRC, ONT, PAY, WSH, MSC, others.
- Oracle Demantra
- Oracle Internet Directory
- Oracle Discoverer
- MarkView for Oracle Applications
- Cognos Financial Planning
- Oracle 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g, 12c (Standalone, RAC, Data Guard)
- SQL Server (Some Experience)
- MySQL (Some Experience)
- PostgreSQL (Some Experience)
- Linux: Red Hat, Oracle Enterprise Linux, SUSE
- UNIX: Solaris, HP-UX, AIX
- SQL, PL/SQL, Bash, Perl, HTML, Java, T-SQL
- Oracle SQL Developer
- Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Oracle Forms, Reports, Workflow Builder
- SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, RMAN, Data Pump, TKPROF, LogMiner, SSMS
4/2011-Present Shadandy, LLC Seattle, WA
Managing Partner, Senior Oracle Applications DBA
- Provide expert Oracle Database and Oracle E-Business Suite implementation, upgrade, and support services.
- Supported Oracle E-Business Suite Financial Accounting Hub implementation for mid-sized insurance company. Fully automated EBS cloning procedure. Improved backup and recovery processes..
- Implemented and supported Oracle E-Business Suite and Demantra for e-commerce retailer.
- Implemented and supported Oracle Database Appliances, ZFS Storage Appliance, and Exadata for e-commerce retailer.
- Stabilized SQL Server data warehouse and ETL processes for mid-sized marketing firm.
- Implemented Oracle Application Management Pack for Fortune 500 retailer.
- Installed and upgraded OBIEE for small manufacturing company.
- Installed and configured Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c for small manufacturing company.
- Upgraded Kofax MarkView to latest available version for Fortune 500 retailer.
- Perform part-time remote Oracle DBA and Oracle Apps DBA monitoring and support for various companies.
11/2009-3/2011 Blue Gecko, Inc. Seattle, WA
Senior Oracle Applications DBA
- Lead Oracle Applications DBA for all e-Business Suite clients.
- Designed and implemented OID 11g for large online retailer.
- Performed 11i to R12 upgrade on time and on budget.
- Performed R12 implementation on time and on budget.
- Performed data center migrations for several clients.
- Implemented Amazon EC2 for e-Business Suite development and testing environments.
- Scripted and performed e-Business Suite clones for all clients.
- Built out multiple Oracle physical standby databases.
- Designed and implemented Oracle backup and recovery plans using a variety of technologies.
- Rotated on-call support for all e-Business Suite and core Oracle database clients.
2/2007-11/2009 Nordstrom, Inc. Seattle, WA
Senior Oracle Applications DBA
- Lead Oracle Applications DBA for a production 6TB HR/FIN instance.
- Supported and maintained 4 load-balanced forms/web nodes and 6 concurrent processing nodes that used two shared application file systems.
- Analyzed and successfully performed HR Rollup patch upgrades for a system that supports ~40,000 employees.
- Designed and implemented Self-Service HR in the DMZ.
- Managed and cloned 10 full-sized development and testing environments.
- Primary Apps DBA resource supporting project to consolidate AP systems into Oracle AP.
- Upgraded Discoverer 4i to Discoverer 10g.
- Performed SQL and technology stack performance tuning.
- Patched and supported MarkView for Oracle Applications.
- Evaluated Oracle RAC as a high availability solution and had the technology approved by an architecture approval committee.
- Installed and supported 2-node ASM RAC cluster for Sterling Order Management for a website generating more than a billion dollars in revenue.
- Implemented and supported Oracle Enterprise Manager to monitor 200+ databases.
- Consolidated multiple RMAN catalogs into a single instance.
- Rotated on-call support for every production Oracle database in the enterprise.
6/2004-2/2007 Ventana Medical Systems, Inc. Tucson, AZ
Oracle Applications DBA
- Experience with Oracle E-Business Suite versions 11.5.9 and 11.5.10+.
- Patched, configured, and maintained production, development, and testing instances.
- Enhanced and maintained 11i clone procedure.
- Enhanced and maintained 11i disaster recovery procedure.
- Monitored and tuned iAS, Forms, Reports, and Concurrent Manager.
- Moved the concurrent tier off the database tier and implemented the shared application tier file system to reduce patch downtime.
- Successfully implemented iRecruitment, HR, Payroll, Benefits, OTL, MSCA, and Discoverer 10g.
- Securely implemented iRecruitment in a DMZ using a reverse proxy and SSL.
- Successfully upgraded Oracle Applications from 11.5.9 to 184.108.40.206.
- Successfully upgraded Oracle Applications database from 220.127.116.11 to 10.2.0.2.
- Worked with Oracle Support to solve open Service Requests.
- Supported the development team and enforced change control.
2002-2004 Texas Tech University Lubbock, TX
M.S.B.A., Management Information Systems
1997-1999 Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Lubbock, TX
B.S., Clinical Laboratory Science